Sport Trac as a Work/Professional Vehicle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Do any of you use your Trac as a work or professional vehicle? Or do you know of

any one else who does?

I'm looking for things that you all may have seen and/or taken pictures of, or can post

links to, where the Sport Trac is used as a work/professional/city/county work truck

or vehicle, etc...

I've seen Rangers, Silverados, Rams, F-150's, and the like. I'd like to see what they put our Tracs to use for!!!:cool:

I bought my ST because, on weekdays, I was frequently at client sites (technical consulting), and would take customers to lunch. Wanted four doors and a reasonably comfortable cabin space. Much of this was downtown Atlanta, parking garages and small lots, didn't want a full size crew cab pickup for that reason.

On weekends, I needed something that could tow a fishing boat. The ST's pickup configuration made it possible to launch a boat solo, during winter, without getting wet.

What I didn't realize at the time was how useful the bed would be for so many other things. Six years later, I still love the vehicle for what it can do...

Rich,

Good to hear from you!. I have been away from the site for a while, while in school,

but I'm back now, be it for better or for worse! (Thanks again for the site!).

Actually, what I was hoping for, is any one who had pictures, or web links, etc...,

that could show photos of the Trac in service, somewhere, like mine, or maybe with

graphics, door emblems, magnetic placards, or the like.

If there's a story to go with it, all the better!:D

Yep I live in Florida. I believe it is the city of Miramar. Sport Tracs are used for Police, Fire, City and Utility vehicles. There seems to be a few in each department. I personally use my Sport Trac for work. I am an insurance adjuster and I drive the SE Florida area on a daily basis from house to house. I carry a 16' extendable ladder (4' folded) in the bed and the Trac is perfect for my work. There have been many postings on this site of the type of pictures your looking for.

Our maintenance company for my work has a Trac here in downtown Boston. I will look to see if i can catch it in action. They do alot of tasks like, landscaping, electrical, cleaning, general maintenance for a large firm.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan uses ST's to plow and salt the sidewalks! I don't have any pictures, but last winter I was there and they had at least 3 or 4...pretty sweet!

if it rains today I'll take mine out and get some dirty pics;) Mine is my work truck (geologist for a mining company) though I wouldn't recommend one for the off road environment, it doesn't have much clearance or skid plates which has been a big problem, I really have to be carefully driving it!

Window cleaning is part of what I do, so I often have ladders hanging out the back over the extender.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
As fast as the bed and tailgate in pool company Rangers rust out from the chemicals, I suppose the Trac's plastic bed is a good thing. Cost a lot more in gas though.

I have my own pool service company and use my ST for it. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of it. I have had no rust issues with the ST. Regular cleanings help.

Chris

I've seen the Busch Gardens one! And a buddy of mine has apparently driven it or been in it while working for AB. Todd posted a pic of it... I had to comment on it! :p