Sport Trac Critiqued

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
The 07 Trac was reviewed on TV this morning on Autoline Detroit on the Speed Channel. They gave it mixed reviews and were not that crazy about it. One guy said that the 07 is much better than the original but it doesn't advance the state of the art like it once did. They found it hard to believe that 60K STs are being sold per year. Then they praised the Ridgeline for a few things. Also said it's hard to justify it's priceyness. They liked the fact that old trac was used of work and playing but thought the 07 was too much like the Explorer and owners wouldn't use it like the old ones.

Well, I like to judge for myself and I never listen to movie critics either.

Gary D.

Well said Gary D.. I was thinking along those lines myself. I do think that the Ridgeline is way overpriced compared to the ST. Just because it's a HONDA doesn't just give it a green light, i'm not that keen to the Honda, and I just don't get the styling, and then saying how much of a truck it is! To each his own though, spend your money if you believe in what it is that piques your interest. Nice under bed storage, but what if you need to get to it with a full load of stuff on top of it?

Bet your bottom Dollar if I were Honda or Toyota building the exact model, they would talk about the how well it rides, the IRS is what a truck needs, and it was something the "Big 3" just don't want to build.

Tom