SPort Trac gas mileage

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18-20 is respectable and with in specs for the st.....

When stock my ST got 18mpg around town and 21 highway...

Now Forgetaboutit!.....

Diesel???? They do over seas and out of the country..

Todd Z

I just calculated my first mpg reading last week with tonneau back on, better shifting, slower driving, recharge k and n, and took out silencer...got over 360 miles at just below 1/4 tank...i figured it out tobe about 19.5 in mixed...im very impressed, i think its running better now finally..

thanks

andy

AFAIK the only small diesels in the U.S. are from VW and the Jeep Liberty...which DOES have a towing capacity of 5000 lb. Most of the overseas diesels won't pass U.S. emissions, that's why you pretty much see them only in 3/4 ton-up trucks.

I get about 14-15 city and a solid 20 on the highway. Keeping the speed to 70 or less helps. I try to get a week out of a tank.

Average for 31,269 miles has been 18.18 mpg. Using Motorcraft Blend now and after 5,900 miles I'm getting 18.60 mpg. Valvoline Syn was best at 18.66 mpg over a 5,000 mile test. I have an 04 that I bought late Feb, 2004. Mpg goes down a bit in winter when the gas blend changes and the warm-up time is longer.

I actually hit 22.8 one time........I think everyone was cussing me on I24...........Normally 18-20mpg...........K&N Intake.............100miles a day .........mostly interstate...........sweet ride!!!!

I hit mid 18s on a recent road trip with intermittent use of AC. But I routinely get low to high 16mpgs of mixed city and highway driving. I have Volant CAI, Flowmaster DF50, 2WD, A.R.E. LS2 tonneau(heavy), and 4.10LSD.

We,ve add the XCal2 flasher, AirAid CAI & FlowMaster 70 Bid Block II w/ duel 2" out. On our trip to Dallas / vacation we've recorded as little as 21 mpg hwy (80 mph w/ a/c on), as much as 29 mpg (avg. 60 mph w/ no a/c on). We did 420+ mi. from Hays, Kansas to Springer, NM, and got 24 mpg. :D

I got 22 on the tank of gas in Dallas. I've been averaging 21 since I left Dallas. TRACket Paul, I think removing that baffle behind the headlight helped, Jade doesn't seem like she's breathing quite as hard. Thanks for the tip!

Wait for the Low Sulphur Diesel Fuel to come out. That will bring more Diesel's into the US.

Tom