sport trac rear end

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Adkins

Reaction score
2001 Ford explorer sport trac. I've installed all and I mean all bearings, ring and pinion gear and still have grinding and roaring in rear end.. HELP!!!!!!!

I know you said all...

Just checking, did you install a new bearing where the crush sleeve goes into the front of the rear end? (Pinion area).

If it is all good and installed correctly then you have a battle on your hands. Could be from the drive shaft and resonating through the rear end???

Bob, did you replace the bearings? Just kidding, I had to say that. How about the brake drums? Are they really rusted and could they be rubbing on the backing plate that's on the axle? Check the area where the driveshaft connects to the input link to the rear differential. Make sure nothing is rubbing back there. Sorry, not a whole lot of help but damn, I feel for ya after getting all that done and still having the same problem.:(;)

Could be tires, Ujoints on the axle, transmission, Have to place on a lift and check it out...

Could also be a defective axle housing..

Todd Z