sport trac seats for sale

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V Ro

Reaction score
I have a set of seats for the ST for sale on ebay check them out. Item number 8003071918

Hope all is well

it is set at a fair price. :)

bid and find out...that is not fair for the rest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-explorer-sport-trac-seats_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQitemZ8003071918QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Reserves should be posted in your description of the item. Reserve prices are of no consequence to the bidders as the item will not sell no matter what unless the reserve is met. A reserves only function is to protect the seller from not letting the item go for an unreasonably low amount. The only reason there even is a reserve option is because it is illegal for the seller to place a bid on their own item to set the lowest accepted price. This is called schill bidding. I have been doing a lot of studying of Ebay policies and rules lately as I myself placed a very low bid on an expensive item and won and the seller renigued(sp) on me.

I have never really seen the price of the reserve posted, I have seen low reserve posted

I'll have to agree with Wes's statement on Ebay policy and what the point of a reserve price is.

My two cents- Daniel

Sorry to disagree Wes & Daniel...

The reserve price should not appear in the description. If a seller wants to reveal it that's his business but it would defeat his/her purpose. The reserve price is set to stimulate bidding while not leaving the seller in a position to have to sell at a price below what he/she feels is fair. The reserve price is of consequence to the bidder...if his/her maximum bid exceeds the reserve price, he/she is automatically proxy bid to the reserve price.

Here is some information from eBay from the seller side:

A reserve price is a tool sellers can use to stimulate bidding on their auction-style item while reserving the right not to sell below a price they have in mind.

Many sellers have found that too high a starting price discourages interest in their item, while an attractively low starting price makes them vulnerable to selling at an unsatisfactorily low price. A reserve price helps with this.

How does it work?

A reserve price is the lowest price at which you are willing to sell your item. If a bidder does not meet that price, you're not obligated to sell your item. You set your reserve price, as well as a starting price, when you list your item.

The reserve price is not disclosed to bidders, but they will be told that your auction has a reserve price and whether or not the reserve has been met.

Here is some information from the buyer's side:

Some auctions have a reserve price, a hidden minimum price, on their item.

How it works:

A reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept for the item.

As a buyer, you are not shown the reserve price, only whether or not the reserve has been met.

The seller is not obligated to sell the item if the reserve price is not met.

The winning bidder must meet or exceed the reserve price and have the highest bid.

When you're bidding in a Reserve Price Auction, bid as usual, entering the maximum amount you're willing to pay for the item. Watch the label next to the current price to see whether the reserve price has been met. Until you see that the reserve price has been met, there have been no successful bids in the auction. Once the reserve has been met, the item will sell to the highest bidder when the auction closes.

If your maximum bid is the first to meet or exceed the reserve price, the effective bid displayed will automatically be raised to the reserve price.

Last edited by a moderator: