Sportsmanship and a larger issue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Travis

Reaction score
Could not find the link/thread about the girls softball team that assisted the girl around the bases but here is another display of sportsmanship by players who are not getting paid and like the other story, this game decided if they moved on or went home.

My connection to this is St. John Fisher is in my home town and I actually played baseball at Oswego State. My career ended the year before Coach Paino took over but once a Great Laker, always a Great Laker.

This, along with the death of the minor league coach, is going to force many leagues below the majors to start thinking again about having coaches wear a protective helmet.

JT#14

Last edited by a moderator:
Below is a link to the story about the softball players along with the ESPN special story.

Both are truly remarkable stories, well worth the press they receive. IMO more should have been about these stories then the BS surrounding presidential candidates. I sure know I'd rather here the good that comes out of our society!

Here is the actual article with a picture of the girls.

It happened near us, so it made it to every news source around..

Well, for some reason it will not post here, but click on the link and it will...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/~library/2290/Sportsmanship.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Coast I was watching that on the news just the other day, didnt have a clue you were in Washington as well. Im stationed over in Ft.Lewis at the moment

Latest posts