Squeaking sound

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Niekum

Reaction score
New member here, I just wanted to tell everyone what a wonderful website this is. I bought my '03 ST earlier this month. I have learned a lot from this website. I do have a concern with a squeaking sound coming from the rear of the truck. When I have the rear window down I can hear it, it sounds like its between the cab and the bed. I do notice when I start the truck also. Could this be the exhaust?

Could be exhaust, but I would check your tailgate. My '03 would do that and drove me nuts trying to figure it out. Read a few posts about the same subject and that was what everyone was recomending. I was like "yeah right" Well finally said the hell with it and took a look. Found on the area were the tailgate comes in contact with the top sides of the bed, there was rub marks of where the tailgate would move against. Put some silicone oil there and it's been about a week where the noise hasn't been heard. Give it a look and try it out and see if that remedies it.;)

Latest posts