ST Challenge: Make a Wikipedia Entry for the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Hale

Reaction score
Many of you may have used Wikipedia, the online free encyclopedia.

Well, its information for the Sport Trac is fairly limited, and a search for the ST redirects you to a general page for the Explorer with minor info on the Sport Trac.

So I think we should make a page just for the Sport Trac, add this site as an external link, put info in about our annual Ford sponsored meets, like Louisville.

Its fairly easy to use, and if we can get a bunch of resources together we can give the Sport Trac a proper entry!

Just thought it would be fun to do, hopefully there is some interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Explorer_Sport_Trac#Sport_Trac

I plan on working on it some when I am not at work. We could make it a really good source of info, even direct new people to it if they want general information about the vehicle.

Go to town!

Have a Field Day!

:D

Okay, who posted that info there on Wikiepedia (as-of 10/11/2005 at 7:34 est)? It reads like text from a web or magazine article. If so, yank it or attribute it.

Oh, and the TYPICAL Wikipedia entries are broken up into sections like the following:

Main (usually not titled): Describes the background and history of the entry and is where a picture might be included.

< various >: Any number of various sections specific to the entry.

Trivia: A bulleted list of trivia related to the entry

References: Links to references to material presented in Main section

See Also: Any related Wikipedia links

External Links: Any related external links (e.g. www.ford.com)

It would be nice of our page looked like that.

Poke around Wikiepedia. You will see what I mean.

TJR

It was, that's an old article that's up there.

Plus whoever did it got rid of my edit "The hot pink paint option was only available for Nobleman's Trac." :angry: