ST on the beach

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampTrac

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to take the ST on the beach. I purchased a week-long permit to drive on Cape Hatteras National Seashore (located on the OBX of North Carolina), which cost about $50. Overall it was a blast. The truck performed very well. I got a tire deflator and small air compressor so I could air up/down quickly. I aired down to about 20 psi, which worked well. I am running falken wildpeak highway tires--in the future I would like to get some all terrains--but they were just fine. NC sand is soft and deep, not like some of the hard-packed Florida sand, so I kept the truck in 4x4 high. Had a lot of fun--still trying to get sand out of the cracks and crannies tho :)
20240515_113033.jpg
20240515_115518~2.jpg
20240515_122633.jpg

A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to take the ST on the beach. I purchased a week-long permit to drive on Cape Hatteras National Seashore (located on the OBX of North Carolina), which cost about $50. Overall it was a blast. The truck performed very well. I got a tire deflator and small air compressor so I could air up/down quickly. I aired down to about 20 psi, which worked well. I am running falken wildpeak highway tires--in the future I would like to get some all terrains--but they were just fine. NC sand is soft and deep, not like some of the hard-packed Florida sand, so I kept the truck in 4x4 high. Had a lot of fun--still trying to get sand out of the cracks and crannies tho :)View attachment 5304View attachment 5305View attachment 5306
Recommend a fuĺl underbody inspect, cleaning, brushing, coating. Unless you prefer rust.