ST Outside tie down hooks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Lavoie

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can add the outside cargo tie downs to any truck? Or should I ask... does anyone know how these tie downs are fastened to the body of the bed?

One of the nicest ST features. The inside tie down hooks are useless when the truck is loaded and the cargo covers up the tie downs. Having the hooks on the outside of the bed is much more useful.

I think your asking because your considering a Ram, not the F150?

Les,

Not really. The new 2010and higher F-150's have no outside hooks either. Neither does Chevy or Dodge.

The ST is the only one left and we know their days are limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
One option I can think of is those "stake pocket" tie downs you can get at most part stores, etc., they fit in the square/rectangular holes at the 4 corners of the bed. Or, just drill some holes and put some 'eye" bolts in.

This is what's behind the fender/bed to attach the hooks to. Any similar plate with two nuts welded to it should suffice.

40dd73157650822fc5caba7fee06fc3a.jpg

c8eea015e2f073985645b4a5fc59406c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The new 2010and higher F-150's have no outside hooks either.

Actually, I believe that the only F150's that had outside hooks like those found on the Sport Trac were the 2004-2008 F150's that came with the flare-side/step-side bed. I can't recall ever seeing outside hooks on the style-side bed.

Latest posts