Standard equipment question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdx David

Reaction score
I have a pretty silly question...

I just bought an '05 ST and it is badged as an XLT.

My question is... On the Ford site it says the standard equipment for an XLT includes everything standard in the XLS plus:

Stearing wheel with cruise control

Keyless entry

Power mirrors

Berber floormats

The thing is, mine has none of these. Is it badged wrong? I guess I was in the moment and didn't even pay attention to that until now. Any comments?

It should also have the 16-inch premium wheels. You should confirm the window sticker to see if these items were listed, and if it did in fact list your truck as an XLT. I doubt the truck would come from the factory with the wrong badge, but I wouldn't put it past a Ford dealer to place a new XLT badge on an XLS model.

I have an '05 base XLT, not a Premium, and it has all the equipment you describe. It has the slotted "deer hoof" wheels and not the Premium spoked wheels. I got a base XLT because I purposely didn't want step bars. I think they just put the wrong badges on yours. Seen it happen before.

the dealer can look up the vin and tell you. It could have a misprinted window sticker also, but I would go back and raise heck about not getting what you wanted. Sounds like it was misbadged.

I looked at some tonight -- I didnt realize that there was an XLT and an XLT premium. Guess I never thought about it.

I'd not be happy. I would not approach it as "the dealer screwed" me just yet. I'd go back and say, "Hey, what gives. I wanted and paid for an XLT and I got an XLS?"

See where it goes from there.

If the sticker says it's an XLS then they probably charged you for an XLS because that's what the invoice would be for. I would have taken an XLS except they don't have cruise control and you can't get it either. I could have leased that for about $40 less a month ( I'm self-employed and lease a new truck every three years and write it off since I use it for work :D ) but I need my cruise.

Without looking at the book, I think an XLT Premium gets you fog lights, P255/70-16 Tires on five-spoke wheels, 4.10 gears, step bars, and maybe a full console. Mine has the short console which is great for my cell phone mount. ;)

Both of my STs were '04s. One was an XLT, the current one is an XLT Premium. Both had step bars, cruise, power mirrors, and 16-inch premium wheels. The only real difference between the two trucks is the color-matched cladding, leather seats, and the 4WD which I knew was an extra option.

I think the fog lamps and power mirrors came with the comfort group option. The cruise may also be a part of that, but I can't remember.

NelsonOKC, The premium is supose to have all terrain tires over the all season tires of the XLT. A lot of the things a premuim has as standard features could have been put in by the dealer in options and you were charged for them, like power controls for driver seat, bright case spoke wheels, fogs, tow hooks, etc. The XLT Premium engine has a 4.10:1 axle ratio to a 3.75:1 on the XLT :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an '04 XLT Premium. I dont have leather seats. Was that supposed to be on the premium? Window sticker says xlt premium.

I usually study the diference in packages before I buy. This is one time I didnt.

Basically everything that is an option on the XLT is standard on the XLT Premium. Then the premium has additional standard equipment like painted claddings, and options like the leather seats and so on.

I once saw a new Ranger on the dealer's lot with an FX4 decal on one side and an FX4 Level II decal on the other. :wacko: (It was actually a Level II.)

Guys on an 05, the 4:10 WAS an option over the 3:75. The dealership had identical sts except for that, I chose the 4:10 and paid for it. Now Im wondering about the whells though.

David, you have an XLS

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the Ford build -your- own site, and it will tell you what is standard for each

package, and what is an extra-cost option. These option packages vary from

model to model. It will list a base cost and a sticker with all the options that

you select. This should give you a better idea of what you got and what you

paid for.

Latest posts