Startup sound?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kingsley

Reaction score
Sometimes if i forget to shut off my vents i will get a grinding or sound of that sort right after i start my trac. It almost sound like when you have those little cars that go when you pull them back, if you pull back too far they make that grinding sound. Its similar only louder and faster. It does it if i have just air or a/c on upon starting. I dunno what it can be and its an 05 trac. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Sounds like the ac system engaging while your starting, Could also be the vacuum pots under the dash filling up..

Just make sure the a/c is off before you start..

Todd Z

That 05 needs to go into the shop for warranty work. I also have an 05 that does not make that noise but if it did that would be unacceptable.

I start my'04 with the AC on all the time. I dont ever hear any noise. Might want to have it checked. Dampers may be hanging and making a scraping noise. I dont know about the Trac, but some cars have vacuum driven gear boxes, moving the dampers....

Todd is right, I have an 05 as well and it has made the same noise. I did take it in but they said there is nothing they can do. SUCKs if you ask me.

Latest posts