step bar brackets

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James W

Reaction score
I have an '03 ST and I thought the step bars were bent after ST vs large curb. After closer inspection, only the brackets were bent; and bent bad! Is there any place that will sell just replacement brackets without having to ante up the dough for the entire bar(s)?

Thanks,

JW

How bad are the brackets bent? I had the same thing happen with my '04, and I just removed the brackets, stuck 'em in a vise, bent them back, and reinstalled them.:banana:

They are bent toward the rear. That vice trick may work. It is worth a shot. If it doesn't work, I can always buy new bars. Vice method is free though :). I'll give it a shot.

Honestly, if the brackets are bent, it would be cheaper to order the Ford accessory bars. The brackets retail for 163.48 each. There are three per side. OEM bars, including the brackets, retail for 520.15 each. The accessory titanium bars retail for 565.94 for the pair. Chrome accessory bars are 464.29 for the pair.

$163 for a bracket! I'm in the wrong line of business. I need to go into step bar bracket replacement business and I could undercut them and sell them for $162 a piece...assuming someone will buy them.

You could get a new set form eBay for less then $200. :banana:

I would just bend them back though, who knows it might happen again and i wouldn't want to keep buying step bars everytime I bottomed out. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
500 bucks for the freaking running board? #$)%*(U#)%!

if they're "worth" that much, you'd think the durn things wouldn't rust to Hell. I'm going to have to treat my rust problem soon, as it is spreading like Venereal Disease, and this salt is just exacerbating the issue.