step bar help '03

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James W

Reaction score
I have a few Q's regarding side step bars. My '03 OEM bars are trashed, bent to hell. The ST dropped on the rack at the local tire shop and the bars were the only thing that held it from dropping off the rack totally. I already got paid for it. My questions are:

1. What is the part number for the '03 bars? I have 1l2z-16450-aab, but that comes up as an 01-02 year bar. Mine has "skinny" brackets that hold it onto the frame. I have seen older model year ones that have "fatter" brackets that hold the bar on the frame. I don't have any other part number.

2. Should I go back with the OEM ones? I can get some black Westin ones for about $120 less and they seem to be similar and provide the same function.

Any comments would be helpful.

the westins are good bars if your fine with them. some other members have them and i'm pretty sure i remember BigD i think or maybe BigEdition or something like that saying good things about them.

If I am not mistaken. the Older bars will fit on the newer ST's as long as you change the mounting brackets too.

they mount to the Frame the same way..

If I am wrong please let me know.. Anyone?