Stolen 05' Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Hale

Reaction score
Not mine, thankfully, but one of the guys pledging in our fraternity was driving home from an event we had, when he stopped to get gas.

Now, he gets some mark downs for stopping in a bad area of Detroit, but whatever, I have always said you cant knock someone when someone else is the one doing the stealing.

Anyway, he was getting back in the truck I guess, and three guys jumped right into his truck. The one in the pass seat said he would sell him a PSP for $50, something like that, he just had to go with them to where they kept it.

He said no, of course, so the guy proceeds to take out a gun and stick it to the head of our guy. For the next 10 minutes, he drove with a gun to his head until they let him out at a really bad ghetto area of Detroit.

He had to run through this bad neighborhood for 2 miles back to our fraternity house. He said twice people stopped by him while they were driving, which freaked him out, but they just offered to sell him drugs. Awesome.

It was a 2005 Black Sport Trac Adrenalin. 20" Wheels, low profile tires, brand new sound system all around, over $7000 in total mods.

He isnt sure if he will get anything to replace it, hes in a bad situation now. He is even more upset because of all the work he put into it, and the saving for over 2 years to have the money for this vehicle and the mods.

This is a guy that worked his butt off, saving and putting money aside to get the vehicle he wanted to do what he wanted to do to it.

And three men with no right to his vehicle came and stole it from him in an instant.

It was a beautiful truck, all of our pledges have to get the members signatures during the semester, as a way of making sure you talked to each of us, and usually you have to know some info from our family tree or something. I gave him my sig for having just a nice, well taken care of vehicle. It was that same night that it got stolen.

I dont believe he visits here, but I just wanted to let the rest of the family know that another one of our loved trac's is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iam glad he wasnt hurt...They might have took it for the bling wheels. Maybe they will find it..minus wheels and stereo. Our Tracs are not high on the list for being stolen for parts....

I hate thiefs..low life trash..:angry:

that truck is in 100 pieces by now.....especially the rims and stereo. Good luck on getting it back. It should make him think twice before getting gas on 8 Mile row, lol

Criminals suck. At least he's safe. With hard work and insurance he can bounce back better than before (speaking from personal experience:))

He reported it to the police, but thanks to the great Detroit Police system, it took them four hours to even process his report.

So if a cop pulled the guys over in his truck, there is a chance they could have gotten away with it and it would never have shown up as stolen on the officers computer.

Not a knock against cops, just a knock against the way the Detroit police/fire system is funded/run.

Its bad.

Know whats even funnier though? CBS, I believe, recently reported Detroit, LA, and another city as one of the top safest cities in the US. I admit, Detroit is about 200 times better than it was even five years ago, but I still feel kind of worried that its in the top rankings for the country.

Maybe they mean Detroit as a whole, and only inside the limits.

I know there are a few places around ATL that I wouldn't stop at red lights or stop signs after dark, but the other places where I'd feel perfectly safe to walk the streets, all within the limits, although the safer areas seem to be outside the ATL city limits, although they are still right there at the city.

Derek,

Born in Detriot, grew up in Dearborn Heights, Lived in Lincoln Park till I

moved to Tennessee!

Don't suppose you'd remember Gratiot and 8 mile, West Chicago, off of Telegraph

Road, or any of the old cruising spots like that, would you!!!

Livonia, Redford and Westland use to be some of my old stomping grounds back

when I had the '72 Chevelle SS. Got into one of my best light to light Drag

Races ever on Plymouth (ironic!) Road!!!

Other one was on 8 Mile/Middlebelt Road.

God, I miss Michigan (sometimes)!!!:wub:

By the Way WRIF 101 F.M. Still Rocks, in my book! (BABY!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Detroit has its goods and bads, Cass Corridor, screw that, run.

But around Ford Field, its pretty nice, I have made the walk by myself after working a few of the games there and although I did not feel real good about it, it actually was pretty safe.

tracnblack:

I was born in Dearborn, lived in Livonia mostly. I have seen quite a bit in this state, but would never ever miss it. I am actually looking forward to leaving it. Things may have been different back then, but they are terrible now.

Drivers are bad, traffic is worse, and the roads make you want to end it all. Not to mention the sucky winters and short summers.

The best thing I could say for MI is that we DO have some great radio stations, 89x, WRIF, even Doug FM is good sometimes. But in my opinion they all fail in comparison to Sirius or even, and its more of a stretch, XM. :)