Stopsign anti-virus software

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Poole

Reaction score
Hi Y'all

I have seen this *Stop-sign* anti virus program on TV. Is it as good as they make it out to be? If there is something out there that is better, please let me know. I need to upgrade my anti-virus program. The stuff that i get through my ISP ain't cutting it.

Thanks a bunch

Bob

I many cases, you get what you pay for. I think this is true with computer security software. I've been using Norton Internet Security for years on my home network. My work uses McAfee. They both work great, but I prefer Norton.

I've been using AVG since it was version 5 and version 8 just came out. Never had an issue with virus, trojan or malware; it's a great product and doubly so since it's free.

they do offer paid versions with more capbability and their business version is the engine that drives it all. But, they offer the offer the virus scan free version to everyone as a public service (it's what they say on their website).

It may be free, but don't discount it because of that.

I'm using AVG free version and have absolutely no complaints. Norton and McAfee seem to use too much CPU and slow down machines noticeable IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
AVG or NOD32, like others have said though AVG is free, but sometimes my clients wouldn't trust a free program so then I would recommend NOD32 which is $39.99 for their antivirus or $59.99 for their whole security pack.

I don't know of any technicians that would recommend Norton or McAfee. They are fine, when they work, but they have problems regularly and are bloated.

AVG here also. Got a virus with both Norton and MacAfee. Have had a version of AVG for 3 years now and yet to be infected. Has a virus update almost every day and stays current.;)

As a tech, I've seen more infections with Norton/Symantec and McAfee present that any other AV software...except maybe eTrust. ;)

I'm personally a fan of avast!, but AVG is good, too. I'm starting to hear good things about NOD32 as well, but haven't checked it out myself yet...

I had not heard of Stop Sign before this thread, but some quick searches seem to suggest that this program actually CAUSES harm to one's system. Unlike Norton, SAV, McAfee and eTrust that just occasionally decide to LET the baddies in, it sounds like Stop Sign might actually BE a baddie. =o

Latest posts