Strange pulse

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Vincent

Reaction score
My truck is acting a little strange. When I start it up and put it in reverse the engine "pulses" for about 10 seconds then it stops. It only does this right after I start it, never any other time. Pulse is the best way to describe it. The tac doesnt really move with it. The only mod I have done is a Dynaflow cat back. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,

Peter

Does it act like your stepping on and off the gas????

Do you have the AC on or the switch in any other position than off???

I think the Iac motor needs a cleaning...

Todd Z

It is similar to stepping on the gas pedal but very fast, almost like you are just tapping the pedal. The ac is always off.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ST started doing that at about 30k miles, I took it to the dealer 3 times and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. I took it to 2 different dealers and got the same response from both.

It just seems something I have to live with. When I start it, I give it a little gas for a few seconds and that prevents it from acting up.

Does it do it when the truck is facing down on a hill??? You could be loosing fuel due to the the way the pump is located in the tank....

I say clean the IAC and go from there..

Todd Z