Subwoofer install question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie frenzel

Reaction score
Did anyone mount a sub box under the rear drivers side seat? I search and All I see are the ones for the rear pass. seat. Thats the seat my son sits in. So I dont want the sub there. I am afraid the sock sub box location wont have enough cubic feet for a larger 10" sub. I have no problem making one to work under the seat. I am wondering if anyone has a plan for one.

The stock sub for the 2004-2005 Adrenalin package sound system is mounted under the driver's side rear seat. I was a little disappointed with this when I bought my '04 STA. I would've preferred it to be mounted behind the seat like previous ST factory subs. I don't like not being able to fold down the seat.:angry:

There is plenty of room behind the seats for a 10" sub if you make your own box. I've got two back there.

[Broken External Image]:

What are the depths on those bostons? What is the cubic feet of that box? I am looking to mount a jl 10 or 8 w7. The 10w7 needs 10" of depth and 1.25cu. ft and the 8w7 needs 10.83" of depth and .875cu ft.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to mount an 8 or 10w7 you have a few options. Convert the rear 60/40 seats into two 40 seats and put the sub in the center. take out the 40 seat and put the sub there. or you could make a custom center console for it. The eight and ten are possible in these locations, for the center console the eight would be better suited. either of those subs will have a hard time going under the seat or behind it.

im putting two of the subs from the link behind my seats this weekend. here is my old box

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

the new ones and the old ones in the picture are tens.

Ok I like the 40/40 seats but i need it to be a 4 passanger car with a car seat so thats not going to work. I am kinda of old school when it comes to subs. I know what I like and I stick with them. What other subs will put alot of bump in my st that are smaller them w7 subs. Has anyone put 12s in there ride. I am thinking of putting 1 10" sub in a custom made box that takes up as much cubic ft needed behind the seats. The subs I have from other cars are 2 12 diamond d6 and a jl 10w7.

Your best option will be a center console single sub enclosure. You get to keep all the seats, and only lose a little legroom for the person in the center of the back seat. Then you can pretty much fit whatever you want.

I agree with JD. I built a center console enclosure with a 10" in it. It was ugly but the bass was good. I missed my compartment and cup holder too much though. I was gonna build another one that looked better with a cup holder in it but sold the sub. i think there is a picture of it in my library. [Broken External Image]:

here is the only pic i have of it in the truck. but its before it was finished

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts