SVT Trac Scrapped

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kind of upset by this, but I thought maybe stefmaj was just trying to get a reaction out of people. I searched it and found it to be true :angry: Oh well. It has been my wallpaper on my computer since the photos came out....

No more Adrenalin

In other product news, Ford confirmed last week that it has dropped its plan for a high-performance Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin. The automaker previously had announced that the Adrenalin version, a Special Vehicle Team project, would go into production in 2007.

"We're committed to performance vehicles at Ford," spokesman Jon Harmon said. "As part of the Way Forward plan, we are adjusting our product plan, and we decided not to produce the Sport Trac Adrenalin."

The SVT group is devoting all its energy to bringing out the 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500 later this year, Harmon said. He wouldn't say whether there are any SVT products beyond the GT500.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, they may be waiting to see what the market wants and how the new trac sells itself, while putting their energy into the stang for now...also waiting to see what they are forced to do with the new, CAFE ratings coming down the pike...

if you look around, as long as you get the V8 you can pretty much build your own anyways... really the most difficult part would be the fenders

so dont fret

Dallas

The fenders would be easy. Grab a die grinder, a welder, and some generic air extraction scoops and you've got your fenders. Even if you had to make your own, still not terribly difficult.

The AWD part would be trickier, all the electrical and mechnical issues of trying to get true AWD rather then automatic 4x4 would prove to be more then a headache or two.

ALL I WANT IS THE CONCEPT THEY BUILT AND SHOWED TO THE WORLD! You would think they would want to produce something that they could sell at a more affordable price than the Shelby GT. Like how many GT's do they expect to sell? I could see them selling a lot more STAdrenalins than GT's anyway! I mean what can you do with a GT 500 when you need to haul something? Besides, whenever Chevy launches the Camaro and Dodge does the Challenger, Ford will have to sell a lot more than they predict to sell. If all they are going to do is put one SVT vehicle out there they are going to have hell selling it against the competition. Oh well, ......Bill Ford, you are not your Great grandpa .... at least he gave the buyers what they wanted! When the buyers of a brand stay loyal to them, they disappoint them! I'm keeping the 2001 Trac until it is OLD! :angry::angry::angry::eek::eek:

I'll be running mine until about 08 I think... then I'll get the new trac, get the supercharger, but Mine is going up not down (raised not lowered). And I am still going to be a happy camper, and lucky for me my best friend manages a metal fab shop, so if I wanted i could even get the fenders. Now the one things im going to miss are those fog lights on the concept... those were cool. But a local GM dealer is selling HID offroad lights... i might have to retro fit those!!

Dallas

I'm sure Ford looked long and hard at the SVT Trac and decided the sales volume didn't justify the expense of building them.

Come on be real... how many of you would actually buy one? A few hundred sales isn't enough to justify the tooling costs at their production plant.

Darin-

I would've. My current truck can't be used as a truck, my next (hopefully) vehicle will be a coupe that can't do truck stuff, not to mention it'd be modified heavily in the engine department, but I would still like to have a vehicle that I could do truck stuff with, and be able to carry people and/or things. A regular ST would work, but I don't like the '07 style. Not that it's a bad style, looks good on the Explorer, but the ST should be something different and unto its own. A little giddy-up under the hood added with the exclusicitivity of the vehicle made it a winner in my book.

Now I'll either not worry about getting a truck like vehicle, or get a GMC.

My 04 is PIF I definatly would have. I heard nice things about the SVT in Dallas...shhhh I can't say.

I am determined that my next vehicle will have V8 and full-time all-wheel drive and 0-60 under 7 seconds. If Ford isn't making the Adrenaline, what are my alternatives? Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, Trailblazer SS, Chrysler 300C AWD, or Magnum R/T?

Not a V-8, but it does have all-wheel drive and is way faster than you asked for...

2005 SUBARU IMPREZA STi: SUPERCAR PERFORMANCE

Edmunds.com, Jun 10, 2004

Zero to 60 mph takes less than 5.0 seconds and the quarter-mile is eaten up in under 14 seconds. Equally impressive is the Subie's braking ability. Stopping from 60 mph takes only 110 feet of asphalt - a world-class effort. In addition to its fat power band and strong brakes, the STi offers excellent steering feedback, commendable handling and a forgiving nature. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the car a "Good" rating (the highest) for front offset crash protection and named it a "Best Pick" overall. With acceleration that a 1970 Corvette would envy, the tenacious grip of all-wheel drive, nimble handling and seating for four, the WRX STi offers supercar performance without the supercar price.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend has that exact car. It'll put you in your seat! I love it, but not enough to trade Jade for. I really loved the thought of the versatility of the ST mated with the technology, styling cues and go-fast mentality of SVT. But if that'll never be, then I'll just continue to mod my current one, then eventually build my own Adrenalin.

Latest posts