SVT Trac Scrapped

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a feeling Ford wouldn't produce it. In the state they're in... I am suprised that so many new vehicles are coming out from Ford... the 07 Trac looks nice...

Has anyone looked under the Explorer's rear end?

There is plenty of room to lift it, it just isn;t going to be cheap. Figure a grand at a minimum.

Tom

Hold on! Maybe everyone here hasn't heard the last word on the demise of the STAdrenalin. If you have never heard of Bryan Olson, he is the ST Marketing manager at Ford Motor Company, and was here in Dallas last year at the intrduction of the 07 ST prior to the State Fair Of Texas. I talked with him there, and stay in touch with him via e-mail from time to time. In an e-mail to me just yesterday (2/7/06) he stated that Ford HAD NOT MADE A DEFINITE DECISION TO SCRAP THE ST ADRENALIN! Here is an excerpt from that letter:

Dear Marvin,

Thanks for the note and for keeping up with the Sport Trac news. Let me clarify a couple of items first:

"We haven't made any announcements about the Adrenalin program recently. I know someone is posting that it is cancelled, but no decisions have been made at this time. For several reasons we are always looking for future products, movements in the market that we need to respond to, and our own financial and investment costs. If there are changes to the Sport Trac program we will get the word out to the public and definitely to mysporttrac.com

Second minor point is that the Adrenalin is a 2008 model year program. The regular version of the Sport Trac is the 2007 model year vehicle, and that will hit the dealer showrooms in early March. The Adrenalinwas always slated to be the following model year.

I understand that you are just very interested in the Adrenalin and are not trying to be derogatorytoward Ford. I think you would be encouraged at the number of people within the comapny who are committed to bringing new, exciting products to market. Wze know you are out there.

Please stay tuned and keep in touch.

Thank you,

Bryan

So that is what was written back to me. Perhaps it is a way of saying that the Adrenalin wil be shelved until next year, as a model for the year 2008. I took the words as saying such, you all may see differently. AIA, I will keep in touch with him and see what transpires. Whatever is said in other Ford press releases may be a way of saying: Stay tuned folks, this may not be over! :unsure::cool::):(;):eek::huh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts