Sway bar end links

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brant 1

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Quick question... I have been searching for the answer and I've found 3 or 4 different things.:wacko:

I need to replace either the sway bar endlink both front and rear or put in new bushings.

Should I go OEM or the MOOG? If MOOG can anyone give me the part numbers for both ones? All I have here for stores is Lordco and I dont know if the can get them but I will check tonight.

Thanks in advance.:cool:

Brant

The Rear you can go oem if you like...

The FRONT DO NOT GO OEM...

Todd Z

The front OEM ones use a plastic sleeve which flexes and the bushings wear faster and they eventually break...

The rears just wear.... heavy truck being held true with tiny stuff....

Ride and handling is greatly improved..

Todd Z

Jerry, there is a project (done by yours truely) on how to replace just the bushings in the rear endlinks. The MOOG kit only costs $11 and does both sides and the bushings are much better than anything out there. Cheapest endlink you will find is going to be around $15 for one.;)

Thanks Shawn, although I can't find the project where you remove the end links. Your project for replacing with MOOG indicated that you had done a write up on that.

Hey thanks for the info guys :D

I might be a little slow today but I am still confused about how many of item# K80085 I need to order to do both links on the back end?

Todd do you have a MOOG item # for the front links?

Brant

Thanks Stonemiser! Must be Thursday :wacko:

I found what should be the item # for the front... K7275... ok off to the parts store after school :cool:

Brant

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry, the front aren't to bad to do. Just be sure and hit them with some penetrating fluid, and if it breaks, well all the better. Just pay attention as to how the bushings are placed and the washers on the OEM's before you take them off.;)

I got mine from Advance Auto and was $10.49 and the kit had a set for both sides. They may be trying to double dip. Both were in seperate bags with the part number= K80085

Here is a link:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts