Switching To An F-250 Superduty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devin Underberg

Reaction score
Hello,

I will soon be getting rid of my 2001 Sport Trac for an F-250 Superduty. I will be graduating from college this may and will be getting in the family construction business. My Father has a Superduty but i was wondering if anyone knows of any sites with good information about whats wrong or good with them. I have heard stories about the original 6.0 L having problems. I am hoping to get a used 2003 or newer. Thanks for all the help!

Devin

Next years Diesel is going to better and with the new Twin turbo diesel in the works for 08 I would hold out 1 more year...

Todd Z

I have tuned several of the 04 up 6.0L and have yet to have any issues out of those trucks. They make INCREDIBLE power bone stock with a tune. On the Street tune, you will see a gain of 50 hp and 80 ftlbs, on the Towing tune, you will see 80 hp and 110 ftlbs, and on the Max Power tune, you will see a gain of at least 150 hp and 290 ftlbs with no degredation to vehicle reliability.

I tuned a bone stock 04 F250 4x4 6.0L that put down 409 hp and 792 ftlbs with the max power tune.

Wayne,

What do you have for a 96' F-250 7.3L Turbo Diesel? Just got it Thursday. It will compliment my 07 Trac on order.

Wes