sync upgrade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a 2009 limited st with sync and the 6 disc head unit I would like to change it to a touch screen nav system like to one that ford offers from the factory.

My question is do I need to buy the for factory nav head unit from ford and if so is it just a head unit or is there other parts that i need to buy.

I do not want to loose the sync system but I am not sure if it is part of the head unit or seperate if it is then i could buy an aftermarket head unit.

looking for some info and sugestions and maybe a modle if anyone has done this i made the mistake of letting the ford sales rep talk me out of nav.....

I bought a head unit off of ebay. you will need to have it programmed get a gps antenna, run two wires, as well as change the steering wheel switch. I have the part number for the switch (26 dollars) and the other info if you want to do this. let me know.

thanks ericc very interested if you have some part numbers of the headunit and what else i would need that would be great also do you have any pictures of the finish product, what switch do i need to change on the steering wheel....