Tagged as a ricer!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
I wonder if this poor guy knows he's been tagged as a ricer? I saw this yesterday morning and had to get a photo!

I've sure seen a lot worse but I have never seen a rice box tied on someones car! :bwahaha::bwahaha::bwahaha:

6bd729d66c1127f5622fb30f39137c6d.jpg

:bwahaha::bwahaha:

Atleast it's a rice box and not Grandma's thong...

[Broken External Image]:

Of course there's always the ever so classic, "Pimp My Dump Truck".

[Broken External Image]:

:bwahaha::haveabeer:

Haha thats a pretty good one. But I think its the drivers sense of humor showing through. In the tuner world a lot of people hang small stuffed animals and trinkets of their rear bumper. They are called drift charms. I think that is his drift charm, he must be aware that he drives a rice rocket.

Anyone see the latestr episode of Southpark?

Toyota being a real truck is the same as Tween Music is to Tweens. Everyone else just sees "____"

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
tom,

time to look outside your cubicle.

whether you like it or not, there is a REAL world out there. :cheeky:

time to look outside your cubicle.

I don't work inside of a cubicle. My "work area" covers over 1 million feet of production area building high consequence componants.

Thanks for being concerned, but I would refrain fram calling a Toyota a "truck".

Tom

That's a nice 'Yota but it's an SUV to me, little different in function from an Explorer or Bronco II or Jimmy, etc. It's not a truck to me unless it has a cargo bed. My cousins wife has one just like it.

But it's yours so you can call it what you wish!:haveabeer:

steve,

good point. when is a "truck" a truck?

definition of a truck is different to many of us.

it could be an 18 wheeler, dump , tow or a pick up and suv.

4X4, off road, and built solid is one of mine but all of above as well IMO.

you are right, but remember the sport trac is considered a SUV.

i used to call my trac's as trucks so i am not being biased.

now, when i say "real" trucks there is a difference :grin: :haveabeer:

---------------------

tom,

"Thanks for being concerned"

concerned????? :bwahaha: :haveabeer:

Actually, the Sport Trac is a SUT.

"Ford will increase its SVT lineup in 2007 with the addition of the Sport Trac Adrenalin, a sport utility truck that the automaker says delivers true performance with four-passenger seating."(http://trucks.about.com/od/2007pickuptrucks/ss/ford_adrenalin.htm)

Sport utility truck (SUT) is a marketing term for a vehicle deriving from an SUV or Crossover with the distinction of four doors and an open bed similar to that of a pickup trucksuitable for light to heavy-duty capability, depending on the vehicle. Examples include the Honda Ridgeline, Hummer H2 SUT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Ford Explorer Sport Trac, the Cadillac Escalade EXT, SsangYong Musso Sports and SsangYong Actyon Sports.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_truck#Sport_utility_trucks)

My Trac is listed as a MP (Multi-purpose) on the title which allows me to skate past the weight limit on our license plates,:grin: not that I tow much with it anyway.

:back2topic:

Right in line with the ricer mentality. Strip everything that makes your economy car minimally comfortable to cut "unnecessary weight", then add heavy "performance" items to increase decibels and "aerodynamics". Then, of course, top it off with bling. A rice box is at least clever and if placed by the owner, I appreciate his sense of humor. If placed by someone else, I applaud their campaign and support their efforts.

Right in line with the ricer mentality. Strip everything that makes your economy car minimally comfortable to cut "unnecessary weight", then add heavy "performance" items to increase decibels and "aerodynamics". Then, of course, top it off with bling. A rice box is at least clever and if placed by the owner, I appreciate his sense of humor. If placed by someone else, I applaud their campaign and support their efforts.

:bwahaha: My sentiments exactly.

I find it hilarious that the ricer will strip out the door panels to save 8 pounds or so, and then put in a sub and amp setup which weighs several times as much. They'll add "performance exhaust" so they can "win races" or "drift", yet don't strip out their radios or A/C...and by "racing" I mean driving like morons on major roads, and by "drifting" I mean doing incredibly lame looking FWD burnouts in parking lots, and the occasional handbrake turn. I guess the ricer is the same no matter where you are in America :boohoo::grin:

As the bumper sticker says, "My lug nuts take more torque than your import makes". :rofl: