Take off your hat and sunglasses!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few banks around here have had "please remove hat and sunglasses" signs for a few years, after a string of robberies in the ATL area. I always remove my hat as I walk through the door, if it does nothing but ease the mind of the tellers, so be it.

well my glasses are photo Grey, so they will stay on......

I guess I will have to take off the mask and diaper on my head huh ???

Todd Z

Went to the bank yesterday....did my business with a TV monitor!

Had the usual signs "no hats, no glasses, no hoods, etc"...even with no

live teller.....

I left my hat on....only take it off for one thing.....:cool:

USN-Ret,

Time for a lecture on behaving properly, from your good friend, TJR.

Consider this. Maybe you should either comply with their demands or find a different place to bank!

Business establishments are within their rights to set reasonable rules; we are within our rights to choose different establishments if we don't like the rules.

However, knowing the rules and then not complying is simply rude, inconsiderate, and potentially dangerous.

Sorry for the lecture, but it's a pet peeve of mine. From the guy that uses his cellphone at the pumps; or pumps his gas while his car his running; or dodges into a convenient store barechested and holding his shirt, etc...no one is above the rules. If you don't like them, don't go there.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been asked to take my hat off inside a bank. In fact, the only time I've been without a hat in the past few years is for driver's license pic, student ID, giving a speech in class, or when I'm sleeping. I have 20+ hats, and a few sets of sunglasses. I even have a select few hats that I bought to wear at work because they meet my work's dress code by being company colors. A bank can refuse to do business with me b/c of my hat, but I can also choose to go bank somewhere else. Until I'm asked by a bank employee to take my hat off, I'll keep it on.

Jeff C,

That's fine, but does your bank have signs on the way in asking you to take off your hat? If so, you shouldn't wait for someone to ask you to take it off before complying. You should either comply, or as you said, bank elsewhere.

If they have no such sign, it's a moot point.

As I said, there are signs all over the place at various business establishments telling people what to do, and what not to do. We should comply with such signs out of respect; and not ONLY when an employee actually asks/tells us to; IMHO.

TJR

USN-Ret, as long as we are asking rhetorical questions, I can ask the classic one:

"Didn't your mom teach you right from wrong?"

Seriously though, it's all good.

We all have our pet peeves, and mine is people that blatantly do other than instructed as if somehow the rules don't apply to them. To those people, all I can hope is that one day they are in a position to run a company, or own/run an establishment and every customer or patron they have simply disregards all the rules they try to put forth.

TJR

We either have to remove the sunglasses and hats or they will covert to implanting a chip iour hands or fingers! .... I wish I were kidding. They (the banks) already have our finger print on file~ (if you open a new account)

I can understand them wanting to be able to get a pos id on folks that enter the bank lobby.

That way there is no mistaken id's when and if they need to get the photo.