Tanks Wayne, I got my excal II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
Wayne,

thankls a lot, I got my excal II today, only what question, what next? Do I go to your web site and download programs, or is it ready to use?

Thanks!!!

Jose:D:D

It should be ready to use. Follow the directions and plug in under the steering wheel, do what it says, and you're good to go.

If I may add, use the owners manual to familiarize yourself with the ignition positions beforehand.

Wayne, there is some ambiguity in the instructions. Namely, at what position should the key be upon plugging in the XCal. It's a no-brainer to me now, but when I first got it I was a bit nervous; should the key be off, as in out of the ignition, or just inserted, or what..?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first key click is accessory, the second is run the third is start..

USE the second position...

Todd Z

You're right BigD. I believe I just have my key inserted in the ignition when I plug in the XCal2 and then rotate to the OFF position. I rotate to ON (not to be confused with starting the vehicle) when the tuner prompts me too. Please refer to your manuals for a clearer explanation on ignition positions.

Also, the manual instructs you to disconnect the fuel pump and electric fan fuses. I have bypassed this step with no ill-effect. I just wait until the interior lights have shut off and make sure nothing else is turned on. I'm not encouraging you to skip the step as well, but just letting you know what I have done.