Terrible's 250 off road race

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Turner

Reaction score
We finished 4th at the Terrible's 250 off-road race over the weekend in our Sport Trac. We completed the first lap in 2nd place but a ring and pinion failure on lap 2 cost us over an hour and a half and put us deep in the field. We had a trouble free third lap and ended up fourth.

Hope you had a chance to follow the race on racetheworld.net. See you in Louisville.

Dave

Cool man, Seemed like a good race.

Stinks about the R/P....

See you soon...

Todd Z

Not sure we would of won, for sure not easily, the Dixon brothers entry was really fast. This is the second ring and pinion we broke both were 6.14 gear sets so I guess we will be using 5.70 gears from now on in the 8.8 diff. I am looking for a Ford 9" set up to install before Vegas to Reno.

Dave

Hmmmm, Sounds like the r/p tooth count or pitch is just not a good combo....

Would be nice to have the extra gearing, But the reliability goes a long way !!!

A quick change 9 inch would be nice too !!!!! :lol::lol:

Todd Z

I did check out the results online. :cool: I suspect there are more than the average number of bugs to work out on the ST because it does not use as many of the tried and true components as some of the other vehicles. I'm mainly thinking of the suspension and drive train. Looks like you've about got the kinks worked out though. Very cool ST! My favorite by far! Not much I can do to my 08 to make it have that offroad look though. How about that F150 Raptor!!! Maybe you could get Ford to build an ST Raptor, like the Adrenaline, but off road? I'd be all over that. :cool:

Edit: Dave, by the way, Nice looking new website!

Last edited by a moderator: