The Dolphin Hotel

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
Just watched the movie last night called Room 1408.....pretty freaky. The link below describes what took place in this hotel and states the room is no longer used by guests and is only used for storage.

Just curious if anyone from this site has ever stayed there, or stayed on the same floor adjacent to room 1408. :unsure:

In the final analysis, no definite evidence was found that 1408 has a ghost. Nevertheless, it has been removed from hotel registry and is no longer rented to guests, instead used as storage for excess furniture, broken bric-a-brac and extra furnishings. However, for some reason, the room refuses to give up. 1408 still pops up from time to time in the list of available rooms despite being taken off the registry five times! Computer error perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the movie a while back. It was pretty good. Didn't know it was based on a real place. I think they are missing an opportunity by not renting it out. There's a lot of people into that kind of thing.

I've stayed in some creapy hotels back when I traveled.....you couldn't pay me to stay in that room for what they say happened there.

The last creepy place I stayed was in England in a town called Sheffield. The hotel was built in the 12th century and my room was a private room over the Stables and overlooked a graveyard. Each night, I could hear chains rattling below my floor and I don't even drink. :eek:

I asked the Manager about it and he told me the Stables below the room had not been used since back in the 18th century.

Anyway, I think that place would have been a good place for TAPS to go check out.

I saw the movie also. Didnt know it had a truth base.

I wouldnt have any fear staying in that room. Some may want to knock what I say here. I belong to God thru Jesus Christ my savior. Demonic activity cannot harm me. The word of God gives me authority over it. Yes I really believe that, cause I have seen the athority work in my life.

There are several Dolphin hotels, but this one in New York changed it's name to Park Savoy Hotel.

I think the girl that wrote the article got the hotels mixed up for the one based in the movie.

Latest posts