The last 3 mornings in MN

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Chase

Reaction score
Tues Morning[Broken External Image]:

Wed. Morning [Broken External Image]:

Thurs. Morning[Broken External Image]:

Cold Weather behavior:

60 above zero: Floridians turn on the heat. Minnesotans plant gardens.

50 above zero: Californians shiver uncontrollably. People are sunbathing in Duluth.

40 above zero: Import cars won't start. Minnesotans drive with the sunroof open.

32 above zero: Distilled water freezes. The water in Bemidji gets thicker.

20 above zero: New Mexicans don long johns, parkas and wool hats & mittens. Minnesotans throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero: New York landlords finally turn on the heat. People in Minnesota have one last cookout before it gets cold.

Zero: People in Miami all die. Minnesotans close the windows.

10 below zero: Californians fly away to Mexico. Minnesotans dig their winter coats out of storage.

25 below zero: Hollywood disintegrates. Girl Scouts in Minnesota still selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero: Washington, D.C. finally runs out of hot air. People in Minnesota let their dogs sleep indoors.

100 below zero: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get upset because the Mini-Van won't start.

460 below zero: ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale). People in Minnesota can be heard to say, "Cold 'nuff fer ya?"

500 below zero: Hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools open 2 hours late.

A guy at work said his dad was driving his 07 Silverado (huge GM guy). and he was stopped at a stop sign on Tuesday morning and all of his electrical equipment froze so he couldn't drive his truck. My ST sits outside and has no problem starting. I've plugged it in the last 3 days, so when I start the truck up, I have warm air blowing in 2-3 minutes.:banana:

Wisconsin------Temp. was -21 this morning with a wind chill of -41. National Weather Service issued a severe weather warning and just about all the schools in WI are closed today.

-26 F with a -51 F wind chill this AM in western Wisconsin. I don't wanna go out to run errands, but I have to. I wait a couple of hours. Maybe it'll warm up a little.

I live in Ft Lauderdale. My home thermostat said the temp got down to 67* last night. I woke up with a stiff neck because it was so cold. :p

We are expecting a wind chill of below zero tonite in my area of Georgia.I was raised near Chicago and remember the cold all too well.I do not envy you those kind of cold temps.It is cold enough here.

We're expecting <B>+4</B> for the next two mornings here in south Jersey. After reading some of the temps above, I'm definitely not going to complain!

My Trac's thermometer read -12 as I drove to work this morning. Then I saw this news article on our local paper's web site:

:blink:

UI offices asked to turn the thermostats down

By The News-Gazette

Thursday January 15, 2009

URBANA Turn down the thermostats and dress accordingly, people working on the University of Illinois campus are being asked.

A memo sent out Wednesday afternoon to deans, department heads and directors requests that they help prevent an overload on the Abbott Power Plant during the subzero weather by setting thermostats in their buildings as low as possible to maintain a temperature of 65 degrees.

"The demand for heat during subzero weather conditions places a tremendous burden on steam distribution systems," the memo said.

It also says that if problems arise, selected building air handlers will be shut down to direct heat to laboratories and animal care facilities on campus, and any calls received about the cold will be evaluated for emergency response.

And no space heaters, please, the memo states. Space heaters can pose safety hazards and cause circuits to overload.

The measure likely won't affect many students still on winter break, among them the 9,000 students set to return to their living quarters in residence halls next week.

Classes are scheduled to resume on Tuesday, and the residence halls will reopen at noon Sunday, said Jeff Unger director of the UI News Bureau.

"If the forecast holds, temperatures are supposed to slowly go up," he said.

A WIND CHILL WARNING remains in effect for the entire 27 News viewing area through noon on Friday. Dangerously cold wind chills of -35 to -45 will be possible through noon on Friday. Skies will be sunny today, but temperatures will not get above freezing. Clear skies and light winds tonight will allow temperatures to fall extremely low and, even with the light winds, wind chills will still be as low as -45. Bundle up and do not leave any skin exposed. Stay indoors if possible and bring pets inside as well.
at least its friday!!:banana:

I got off work at 12 am this morning and my mirror read that "-19". Burrr. Had choice of taking my car with remote start or the Sport Trac..........took the Trac

Loved the MN humor......especially the last one!

Jo

Been below 0 here most of the past three days too. We got my wife's Taurus used, it was originally sold in Canada and has an engine block heater. I use it when it gets real cold like this, she loves it. Warms up much sooner.