The strange has hit my ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrel Chaney01

Reaction score
About a month or more ago my auto locks stopped working. You push the button on the doors, nothing, you push the key pad, nothing, you push the door key pad, nothing, and you put it in reverse and it doesn't lock the doors. Now fast forward a month or 2 forward, I get in the ST, put it in reverse and click the doors are locked. So I take it out of gear turn it off and check all my door locks, yep they all work and right now are still working. I guess the extreme cold below zero wind chill shocked the system back to working at least for now.

Sounds like the controller had a brain fart.....

Todd Z

It is weird that it just started working again, for now. :lol: I just went to the funeral home and it is still working. The ST does sit outside. Oh well if if it stops again at least the key works in the door.

Well Todd I guess it farted again cause it don't lock no more. :lol: One of these days when have the extra money I'll get a new controller. Till then I will do as I did when I first started driving and could not afford automatic door locks, use the key.:lol:

Darrell, have you had your battery checked. 2 yrs ago my battery was turning the trac over ok. I was having locking gremlins. Had the battery checked. It was not holding full charge. Replaced the battery, then all was normal.

Latest posts