The time is near to put a "For Sale" sign

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Beals

Reaction score
I might as well post the "this thread is worthless" myself...dont know how to add pics

Was looking to trade in my trac, the offer from the dealers was not good.

2004, XLT, 4wd, 153,000ish, silver with grey cloth, added sport trac floor mats, bed extender, running boards, "truxedo" and 2" hitch.

Since it is a 10+ year old truck with 150k+ miles...center console cover has crack, remote pad in the driver door is dead, compass/temp display is out, small dent in front driver's quarter panel from a foul ball at my son's baseball field, but pretty well maintained overall.

"Private party" on KBB is around $6500, trade is $4600, which the dealer didnt get close to. Am I unreasonable in hoping for the dealer to get close to the number? Would I have better luck putting a sign in my yard? Not too many on this site near my location so I really dont see that as an option.

I realize most of you are on this site because you still have your trac, but if you could give me some insight into letting one go I would appreciate it.

I did take a few pics with my phone - I dont have photo editing programs on my new computer, just havent taken the time to install, so the pics are large and I could only upload a limited number.

If anyone has an interest, let me know.