thermostat housing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
um try a different dealership. i went to my ford dealer and their prices are usually ridiculous but i got the upper AND lower housing for both around $90 i believe. Check with Torrie first but it should definately be $100 or less. 320 is retarded. its plastic

Upper T-Stat Housing is $9.42 from Torrie.

Lower T-Stat Housing is $41.13 from Torrie.

Those prices don't include shipping.

All the part numbers are listed in the project linked below:

Good luck getting that thing off.. Man that was a pain to deal with.. Are you going to do it yourself? The upper's easy, it's the bottom one that's tough.

After removing the intake tube, throttle body cover, etc.. you can get to the upper. But the lower is not as easy to get to.

Have a look:

[Broken External Image]:

The pic doesn't help that much, but there's not room at all. I took that pic to show where it was leaking. The bottom housing is a PITA. You'll save about 200 bucks in labor doing it yourself though.

this project is simple to do, once the throttle body, intake, and engine cover is removed. the upper thermostat is accessible and easy to remove. the bottom part is a bit more challengin and deep patience is needed. aggreeing with taylor, you do have to have that swivel socket and patience. but once you replace the whole thermostat housing. make sure you replace your old sensors with new ones. if not you will still have anitfreeze leakage due to the fact that if you insert the same sensors, they will not seal properly and will leak through that.

make sure you replace your old sensors with new ones. if not you will still have anitfreeze leakage due to the fact that if you insert the same sensors, they will not seal properly and will leak through that.

Good to know. I was wondering if they were really necessary.

Latest posts