Theyre taking my trac away from me!! Tonka Trac Help!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
Hey Guys!!!

Im sure most of yall have already seen some of my posts where im asking for help on the whereabouts of Tonka Trac. Well my truck as been sitting on jack stand for about 8 weeks now and I just received warning that if my truck is not moved within 10 days that it will be towed away!! Ill take pics for those of you who might think that im full of bs. I saw that Tonka Trac recently posted on the 4 of Aug. So im assuming that he has settled in to his new home? If anyone has a direct connection with Tonka Trac I would be deeply appreciative if you could send him my way. Or Tonka Trac if you happen to read this im in desperate need of your help!! Thanks in advance for all of yalls help!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant you flat bed tow it to a storage place for a little bit so it doesn't get towed???

Todd Z

Im afraid not... there is no front suspension at all, and i cant put it back on because i dont have the stock parts. As for the back, someone slashed my tire on the 4th of July so im on 1 good tire. All i need to know is what the custom ball joints that he had installed on his trac looked like. He used to have pics but theyre not in his library anymore. If anyone has saved them that would be alot of help!!

Wow if nobody can help this fellow trac owner out after asking for help ... I think it would be the first time I have witnessed a person let down in a big way :(

Good Luck Brock (really) I really wish I knew something about the suspension...other than stock shocks are bad. (sorry dont ' mean to make light of your situation)

How about a set of Dolly's or a car trailer with some scrap tires to build it up to the engine cradle.

There has to be a way. Post pictures NOW so we CAN help...

I dont have my camera, ill have it tomorrow tho. No one else on this site has worked with adj. upper control arms? i have the 3.5" spindle lift and ordered adj. upper control arms to fix my camber cause my tires looked like this / \ I chopped my old ones in an attempt to make new ones but scrapped them when I found these adj ones.

I was all set up to buy some things from Tonka Trac about 2 months ago. We set up payment methods and everything. Then on one of the final emails he asked when he should send the items... I replied that I knew he was moving and that he should do it when it was best for him. Since then I haven’t heard from him, nor has he responded to the email I sent to him about our arrangements a couple of weeks ago.

So I really don’t know where he is.

I'm trying to do a C.S.I. for you, Brock, bear with me... This is the last link for e-mail that I

have. Sometimes people forget to switch their e-mail, when just deleting themselves from a

site. By the way, what was that post/site, that most of us got on to post our general

location, and it showed up on that map with the arrows pointing to the location of the

'Trac owners?... Quick!

I think you mean http://www.frappr.com/thesporttracwebsite but no one has added anything to it since the first of May so it won't be any help. I did see a post fairly recently from Tonka, but otherwise he does seem to be missing in action. I wish I knew alittle more to help Brock, but surely someone here can give you some needed help. Good luck.

Brock,

Edit the original title of this post to include "Tonka Trac". That way if he's browsing through the titles he may see it.

Brock,

It sounds like you took your truck apart and got rid of the stock parts before you had the replacement parts???? That is usually not a good idea.

Your best bet is to have it towed some place where you can legally store it. All you need to do is get the rear tire repaired and a towtruck can lift the front even without a front suspension.

I don't know what Tonka Trac has to do with your problem and how he can help you?

...Rich

Brock,

You may want to try www.explorerforum.com. I know there is a sizeable Texas crew that may be able to help you, depending on their location. Post in the 'Everything Under the Sun' forum.

RichardL:

From Brock:

All i need to know is what the custom ball joints that he (Tonka Trac) had installed on his trac looked like. He used to have pics but theyre not in his library anymore. If anyone has saved them that would be alot of help!!

I remember Tonka Saying that he had gone through a few sets of ball joints because of the enormous lift and tires on his ST. Good luck with everything Brock. I hope it turns out OK.

Tommy

Thanks for all of yalls help thus far!!! This is what I like to see in forums. I like how even tho you might now now the answer to peoples questions you still respond and give feed back. I very greatful to have recieved so much help. Im goin shopping on Monday to see if I can find a machine shop to help me make a ball joint adapter so that those control arms will fit. Ive had so much bad luck with my trac in the past few months. First my spindle breaks, then they dont want to send me a new one, then my control arms dont fit, then I get my tire slashed, then they want to town my truck, now the place who was going to fix my control arms sell their shop, and now today my battery explodes on me!!! Geeze I cant wait till its all done!!!! I got new tires today so im happy with that. Ill keep yall guys posted as things progress. Keep yalls eyes out for Tonka Trac for me tho!!! :lol:

Brock,

Without tryin' to start anything, there are some of us here that still believe in prayin'.

I (We) can at least do that for ya!!!

Good Luck, Brock...:rolleyes:

Brock,

I hate to sound like this, but I have seen it before. Shabadoobie, The Doobster, now Tonka is a selfish person that does not care about anyone but himself. He will not respond to emails even when you need his help in a life or death situation. Don't cater to Tonka. He is no different now then he was years ago.

Lets get on with life now. What are you missing? Just the ball joints? Can you use stock ball joints? If not, why not.

Is is possible to buy a cheap "Instant garage" to cover your Trac with? If I were in your situation, that is what I would do. Another thing would be to borrow a buddies trailer and put it on the trailer. There is nothing they can say about that.

Tom