Theyre taking my trac away from me!! Tonka Trac Help!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK heres the deal... im in luck!! A few days ago when I was searching for info on those c-arms I couldnt find anything. Well I figured out why lol.... I was searching for Tonka Trac, instead of Vanilla Gorilla which is what his name was when he was posting info about those arms. Well today I figured out what he did to those arms. So I know what to do!! The only thing is im looking for someone who happened to have saved the pics he posted of the c-arms and the ball joint spacers he had made. Just so I can make sure before I have these arms machined. I noticed that Brandon64 was real interested on info so I sent him an email asking if he happened to have saved those pics. What really gets me is that, while going through what the search had givin me I noticed that Vanilla Gorilla aka Tonka Trac posted so many threads asking for help on the spindle lift. And I myself gave my 2 cents. Now I just need one question answered and he can help me. I still hold nothing against him, im just saying. So if any of yall happened to have saved the pictures Vanilla Gorilla/Tonka Trac posted of the ball joint spacers he had made, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST THEM!!!! Im so close now, I just need one more thing!!! Thanks guys for all of yalls help and support!!

Brock,

There are people here that only want to take and never give back. Tonka is one of them.

Tom

I assume that it is a homeowners association that has given you fair warning, and those rules are hard wired into covenants that were accepted when you/parents bought the property?

Covenants serve a useful purpose, I would suggest that you find the HO official and tell them of your intentions to repair immediately and or remove. If you are perceived as honest you will most likely be given an extension.

well it was through them first... but then it turned into a city thing for some reason??? i dont know why? So i have 10 days from last sat. or they town it.

If you want an extension, you'll have to personally visit city hall, code enforcement division, and plead a hardship. Get the extension in writing.

Many municipalities have "junk vehicle" statues. And the typical definition of a junk vehicle is that it is unregistered or otherwise incapable of operation.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
alright guys... so i have another question. since theres a select few who seem to only care about themselves and not help others out, i wanted to know since ill be the first guy who has done these control arms that is on this site regularly and helps out as much as i can, would yall like me to post pics and a How To on what i did to fix the alignment and keep ball joints from wearing so fast when you have your torsion bars cranked?