thinking of buying a ram???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We originally got our ST to be able to put (then) 2 grandkids easily in the back. I was a pain in the posterior doing it in a '91 Honda Civic. Did you consider the new F-150 SuperCrew? I rode in Jerry's while we were in Kingman, AZ, and it is roomier front & back.

Brian,

Have you driven the Ram yet? About 2 months ago I was thinking about doing the same thing but my reason was for the extra horsepower. I went to the dealer and test drove a hemi quad cab and it gave a nice ride and the power was excellent. I wasn't impressed with the interior though. It seemed cheap and dull. The back also had less legroom and it was not very comfortable. Also, they come pretty base and by the time I added running boards, sunroof, etc the price increased considerably. They just redesigned the ram and it is supposed to have many many upgrades both with the engine, and the interior. If I were you I would wait for the 06 to come our first. It is supposed to get much better gas mileage because it shuts down the extra cylinders when they are not needed. I am waiting until the 07 Trac comes out before I go looking at anything again. If it is like the concept and the price is right that's what I would like to get.

George

my dad just bought a ram quad cab laramie w/ a hemi. Awesome truck......he can afford the gas though:blink: The laramie package is nice. Leather, cd changer, moonroof, steering wheel radio controls.....carbon fiber trim.......tow package. He got it without 20 inch rims because a) the 20 inch rims look ghetto and b) the tires that come with them are so low profile the dealer said they only last about 15K. He added chrome stepsides, chrome gas cap and vent visors and the truck looks great.

Ya! Barnyard animals are great! :D Seriously, why are people trading in a vehicle that averages close to or about 20 MPG for Dodge or Ford or even GM boats with gas prices to stay at least $3.00 a gallon? Maybe this site has a hold on me but I love my ST. It does what no other SUT does and looks mighty good doing it. What are people thinking? :wacko:

Dp's ram is pretty nice and actually gets better gas milege than my ST. My daughter it's roomier however she says my St is more comfortable when riding in the back seat.

If your only reason for buying a crew cap pickup is to haul your family, why not buy something more economical like a 4 door sedan? Buy a Camry, Accord or Altima and laugh at the folks throwing their kid's inheritance in their gas tanks!

Just picked up a Hemi Quad cab myself... Couldn't resist the deal! My payments are HALF what they were with my Trac (although its paid off now!) and the fuel economy is comparable!

I was getting 15mpg in my ST and am averaging about the same in the new Ram!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Love the added power and elbow room. The rear seats could use more knee room IMO, but I don't sit back there! I needed a full size truck with a hitch, and I got it. Loving it so far!!

BTW - I highly recomend checking out the pricing on the '05s left on the lot. About $150/mo cheaper than the 06s!!! And the lease deals are killer!

Have never been happy with quality of Chrysler products. Was raised in a home with nothing but mopar cars and trucks and my first 3 vehichles that I bought myself were same, all gave me many problems and led to my switch to ford. Check and compare ratings and resale values as well to give you an idea of overall quality.

Latest posts