This may be a stupid question....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
I have been getting a lot of questions from family/friends-- when are you getting your Trac? I tell them my build date is June 5th-- and they ask a question I don't know the answer to--- does that mean its done being built June 5th-- or does that mean they start June 5th.....

So....

Does Build date mean start building or end of building? How long does it take to "build one"?

Thanks to anyone who knows any answers :D

Man, that is a stupid question. :)

I personally don't have any idea, what I can say is a guy at work just ordered a Rav4 and it took about 2-3 months from the time he ordered it until it arrived. So maybe two months after the build date, but that is coming from Japan too.

ChrisGa..... I ordered a 2001 ST back in April 12th of 2001, and they gave me a build date of May 10th..... they had it at the dealership on June 26th. That was then, I have no idea about now, but you can expect it back at the dealership around two months frm the build date. May depend on a lot of other things that transpire..... 6 to 8 weeks, give or take, just my opinion!

The build daate is the day it begins on the line. The final end can change depending on the speed of the line, possible breakdowns on the system, tooling/robot problems, etc. The final date should be listed on your window sticker in a code. When you get your Trac, scan the sticker and I can show you where the date is.

When I ordered my Trac, my name was on the window sticker.

Tom

Personalized window sticker. Sweet. I was reading a book about buying a car (one of those yellow for dummies books) and it said that if you order a vehicle, you should have a contract drafted up charging the dealer a penalty for late delivery of the vehicle. This would prevent them from selling your car to someone willing to pay more for it and making you wait longer for another one to be configured for you. Not too sure what this has to do with the topic, but if I bought a vehicle and it has someone elses name on the window sticker.......

If it is similar to GM, the build date isthe date of the star of assembly. Prior to this is a scheduled date and believe it or not, a schedule to be scheduled date. I believe that the scheduled date is when all parts are available and reserved for your build.

Yep, the build date is the day it starts on the line as a *floorpan*, the build date is determined by what is called the *master blend* that is how all the parts are scheduled to arrive on the line and cartain parts(like seats) are scheduled to arrive on the line at a certain time for a certain vehicle.

When I ordered my Trac, it took about 5 weeks after I ordered it to get it. Mine is a 2001.

Have a good one

Bob

Robert,

Don't forget, you and I get our orders pushed ahead of other because we buy as employees do.

Tom

When PT Cruisers were the mad maze, I ordered it April 14, build date was June 2, and it was delivered to me June 19th. That car was built in Mexico and I live in Louisiana. My ST has 6-5 as a build date and I was told by the dealer that it should be here mid to late June.

Just think, you could go to the national meet and maybe see your Trac being built. Wouldn't that be cool.