This website ROCKS!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Trax

Reaction score
I nearly had a heart attack when i noticed that trac had "check engine" light, not unlike the blue screen of death in microsoft. So I went to a reputable shop asked to look it up for me. They told me, my engine was burning lean, and probably a leak in the intake gasket. Don't ask me how he came up with that part, he just said that probably because it's a lot of labor=$$. Anyhow, he recommends a tune up at the same time. I told him, I might come back some day. So i check out this website and look up P0171, the engine code, and i started seeing a lot of threads on cracked elbow hose, I go and check my track b/c it's a job1, and sure enough I have the same problem. I ordered the part, and the parts guy mentioned that alot of customers were asking if they can just have the rubber part too, but like the others, I had to purchase the whole thing. After install, and battery reset, I got rid of the check engine light and trac seem to run better. Thanks for reading, just wanted to thank the people before who have helped post the question and the answers saving me hundreds of dollars worth of repair.

Have a nice day!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed Max. The MySt family is in a class of it's own. 'Nuff Said, and THANKS Todd Z !!!

I go and check my track b/c it's a job1,

The elbow is on a job 2..... ( Typo ?)

Glad the site was helpful !!!!!

Thanks for the kind words !!!!

Todd Z

I was going where Todd went..

If you have the elbow you have a Job 2 Trac.

And yes, the site is a very nice site as well as the people behind it all..

Warning. Participation in this site may end up costing you MORE money. The list of Mod's is endless. :rolleyes:

This is kind of an online reference manual for the ST. No doubt useful!:D

That was indeed a typo, i was just testing you guys. j/k. You guys are on top of your game. I've spent my share of mods, all very useful mods that I would do again in a heart beat. Except the chip mod, that was a waste, i should have gotten the fuel efficiency program instead of the performance. But that's it.

Latest posts