This weeks mods

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel Deneselya

Reaction score
I got the alpine iva-w205 installed last week, at the moment, I have it sticking out a bit, I will see if I can get it flush when I add the gps modul, that will require adding an antenna.

Still not sure if I will need the bluetooth modul, hopefully not, it says I can use the blue tooth from the portable gps, but I think the functionality is limited. I guess I wont know until I buy thie thing, so far no-one sells it although crutchfield is taking pre-orders.

Currently I am bybpassing the dvd block by connecting the 2 wires to a cigaret lighter adaptor until my pac tr7 module arrives.

also I need to have an approprate wallpaper made up for the unit.

Today, I finally tracked down Silver Star H13 light bulbs at autozone, so hopefully I can get 1 night this week to put those in. I want to take some before and after photos. for comparison.

I watched about half of talladega nights and it sounded and looked great. I have the video in and out cables comming down through the glovebox for easy access.

I need the following to complete the system,

Reverse Cam

Blackbird II gps unit

good short video cables.

the alpine cable for allowing a headphone jack.

on the bad side, I notices a stone chip in the center of the hood as I was waxing it this weekend.