THROTTLE BODY SPACER

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I HAVE A 2001 SPORTTRAC,STOCK AIR FILTER. I INSTALLED A SPACER,AND WHEN AT 1100/1200 RPM IT IDLES WELL.WHEN I PUT ON THE BRAKE AND IN DRIVE THE IDLE DROPS TO 700 OR800 RPM,TO APOINT WHERE IT SPUTTERS AND WANTS TO STALL.

WHEN I RAISE THE IDLE UP,TO COMPENSATE, OBVIOUSLY IT IS TOO MUCH. ALSO WHEN AT A GOOD IDLE THE ENGINE WILL START TO RACE BRIEFLY,THEN RETURN TO NORMAL IDLE..THE SPACER I PURCHASED WAS A SINGLE OPENING TYPE WITH,SLANTED FINS WITHIN THE OPENING,NOT THE TYPE WITH GROOVES IN THE OPENING...PLEASE HELP....THANKS,MARK:(

Use, periods, comma's, and don't type in all caps.

This will help out those that try, and give up, to help you easier.

Tom

What Caymen said. Also, you need to take all that crap off your engine and take it to your Ford dealer and have them put it all back to where it runs right.

Mark,

I would just take the spacer off. A few members had them and it didn't help with performance. I definitely know Todd Z had it and he removed it. If it is causing problems I would remove it and see how the truck runs.

George

I had one, All it did was make noise... They are worthless.......

IT sounds like to me you have a vacuum leak at the spacer in a gasket...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Mark,

Type anyway you want !!! If your use of caps or lack of punctuation annoys people, then they don't have to read your post.

You may be having a problem with the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. The IAC may need to be cleaned. When the trottle is closed, there is insufficient air entering the engine for a smooth idle, The IAC allows a metered amount of air to bypass the usual throttlebody butterfly valve and injects air into the intake to maintain a proper idle. Once you open the throttle, the air flow increases and the engine runs fine.

Look in the projects section. There is a project that shows you how to clean the IAC.

...Rich