time for to replace

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Steele

Reaction score
Well the engine went today. Where can i get a new one. Links would be helpful

Also want to replace the tranny too but i want to beef it up a little any links and/or advice would be helpful

Thanks

Daniel

I would just rebuild the one you have if you can in the long run you can put better parts in it and have a better than new one. Use local engine machine shops.

And I have seen ALOT of bad things happen with Jasper engines. The only engien that I think Jasper is capable of rebuilding with any kind of reliability is a Chevy V8. Any engine other than that that I have installed from them has had issues. Don't get me started on their transmissions or the outrageous cost on any thing else that they rebuild.

I'm a ford guy but if you find a way to put a cummins in, that truck will run forever. Or do a powerstroke swap. I just saw a bronco listed on powerstroke nation for 7500 with a 7.3 in it. Definitely would buy that if the ST had gotten totaled before

When people say they want a diesel in their ST, it is not that far from realty.

5 years ago I saw a "Ford Everest" in Mausi Mara Kenya.

It looked like a then current Explorer with right hand drive and 4WD.

And it had a 3 Litre diesel engine.

Never got a chance to talk to owner about available power but did not see too many over powered vehicles there.

Just another example of a Ford vehicle not available to the North American market.

I took a chance on a junk yard motor for half the cost of a rebuilt unit. I paid 1300 out the door delivered. the donor was an 03 Explorer Sport with 60k on it. I was able to do a close visual inspection of the vehicle overall, which included hearing it run ect. It came with a 3month 3000mile warranty. Excellent decision. Motor runs great!

I would not however opt for a used tranny. Just my .02:grin:

Latest posts