Tire Opinion Please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So it looks like it will be time for me to buy new tires pretty soon. Currently, I have the 255/70R16 Pathfinder Trail A/P on my ST. I was thinking of either going with the Fuzion XTi or the General Grabber AT 2 in 265/70R16 size for both. They both have good scores and reviews. Although the Fuzion XTi doesnt come with a warranty, according to tirerack.com. While Generall Grabber AT 2 comes with 6year/60,000 mile warranty. Is not having a warranty a big deal? Which tire would you go with (between these two choices)?

Thank you in advance,

George T.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Genrels on my 04 and love them as good as bfg all terrains. I went with the 265/70/16 for a little more rubber with no rubbing at all. Stock height

I put the General Grabber HTS-T, 255/70/16 on my ST and they have worked very well. I don't do any off roading so these were better than an AT tire for me. Only have 4k on them but so far very pleased. If you don't need an AT tire why get one. If you do then thats the way to go. Below are the spec. on the HTS Grabber.

The Grabber HTS is General Tires Highway All-Season light truck tire developed for the drivers of crossover and sport utility vehicles, as well as pickup trucks and full-size vans. The Grabber HTS was designed to combine style, comfort, durability and performance in a tire that offers pleasant road manners and a long life, as well as year-round traction, including in light snow.

The Grabber HTS features General Tires Eco-Ride tread compound to improve fuel economy molded into a specially engineered symmetric tread design featuring an enlarged contact patch and General Tires Stabilink system of connecting bars that increase circumferential stability to enhance braking, acceleration and cornering. Response Grooves provide directional guidance for improved steering and Hydro Channels eject water from between the tread and road to increase hydroplaning resistance while three types of sipes promote traction in dry, wet and wintry weather. The tires internal structure includes twin, ultra-high tensile steel belts to provide brute strength while an internal cushioning system isolates the vehicle from road vibrations for a smoother ride.

I put Michelin LTX P255/70R16 tires on my ST at 55127 miles. It now has about 95K miles on it. The tires were quieter than the Goodyear Wranglers and they've worn well. With 40K miles on them, I'm still not seeing any difference in road noise or ride quality. I also put Biltstein shocks on it around 50K miles. I'll replace them with new Michelins when it needs it.

General Grabbers are supposed to be real good in snow, so if you get snow where you live I say get them.

My Grabber HTS were better in snow than the Good Year RTs that came on the ST. If I didn't have a 4x4 the GWs would have been gone the first winter.

The stock Goodyears suck in pretty much all conditions. My '08 came with Fortera HL's and they were downright dangerous in the snow.

i am looking to change tires on my 4runner. i want a stock original size that is a great touring all season tire.

i am going to get the michelin latitude tour based on the excellent wet/dry traction, snow, & noise comfort results.

tirerack has them f0r $180.00. they should work well for your trac.

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Dueler REVO's on my previous Trac, two sets actually, excellent tire in all conditions including off-roading but they wore out pretty fast.

Cool thanks everyone, I gladly appreciate your opinion.

I do like the Revo's but they are freaking expensive.

I think I am going to go with the General Grabber AT 2 since I do get snow and I sometimes go offroading

Thanks again,

George T.