Tire Rack Road Hazard Warranty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stevens

Reaction score
I'm contemplating purchasing a Road Hazard warranty for my new Yokohama Parada Spec X tires.

Does anyone have any experience with having to use this warranty with Tire Rack?

It's $66 for all four tires and it comes out to about $16 each.

Anyone have any input on whether or not I should go ahead and purchase this.

I'm having a hard time making up my mind, I have two weeks to decide though.

I think that I just need some arm twisting and then I'll go for it, not sure though..!!

I have always been leary of any type of insurance. I always rationalize that the insurer is going to come out ahead of the consumer in most cases.

I would consider when was the last time you had a tire go bad or ht an object that ruined your tire. Then make the decision of whether to spend the extra hard earned cash!

(By the way, I did get the extended warrenty after having to replace a tire after a blow-out on my 08 ST!) :driving:

As a general rule, I don't buy warranties on anything. I figure if I add up all the warranties I don't buy, for the one I MAY ever use I'll still be coming out ahead by having to pay out of pocket.

I am positive that Costco offers the road hazard warranty included in the price of the tires. I thought the same was true of Town Fair Tire.

I dont buy road hazard warranties. Also I think it would be a hassle to use, with mail ordered tires. In my whole life. I have only had 2 tires go bad from hazzard. As many tires I have bought. I have saved enough to buy several sets.

I believe any type of extended warranty or service plan is a poor ROI. Be it for auto, or anything else.

Regardless of the warranty being OEM or aftermarket, they equate to huge profits for the seller, and very seldom used by the purchaser.

Ever wondered why there are so many, especially aftermarket? Many go bankrupt, as well. (Cars, electronics, appliances, etc.)

Unless the warranty costs next to nothing, follow the advice of the people above, and buy premium tires such as Michelin, BFG, Pirelli, etc. (JMO)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the warranty include tire repair for flat tires? I've had 4 flat tires (same tires) in about 3 years. I don't have warranty so I had to pay, usually about $25 each time.

As a general rule, I don't buy warranties on anything. I figure if I add up all the warranties I don't buy, for the one I MAY ever use I'll still be coming out ahead by having to pay out of pocket.

I couldn't agree more....just put a new set of Long Trails on the Trac and didn't do the road hazard warranty.

Now that I've gotten the tires and advice, I'm still unsure.

I almost NEVER purchase extended warranties on anything I buy. I might check square trade though as I've heard that at times they have good offers (not sure if they cover tires though) on electronics.

The plan does cover flats at $25 a repair...that's something to consider.

Also, something else to consider is that it's pot hole season here and there are some CRATERS around.

I probably won't buy the hazard coverage although I still have almost two weeks to decide.

I'm a pretty cheap b__tard also....!!!!