Tire Suggestions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D J

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting some Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's on my trac. 265/70/16

Any suggestions?

Well, I guess I'll have a full set of 255/70/16 Michelin LTX M/S's after DJ gets my rims. I just received my 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler HP's the other day.

One thing you will have to remember DJ, is that your speedometer will be off. I forgot what size you had, but I think it was the 235/70's, anyways, your speedometer will read a little slower than your actual speed.

NelsonOKC, that is one good looking trac. Do those tires scrub at all. Also, are those rims 16's? Jeff C, I guess i'm going to go ahead and other those tires. I'm going to get them from thetirerack.com. That place has the cheapest tires so far that I have found. One more thing NelsonOKC, you have me wanting to paint my truck black. As far as my speed being off, usually when I get a speeding ticket, I'm doing at least 20 miles over the limit....I'm wonder if my new tires will work on the officer.....

I have the 265/75/16 Revo's, they are the best truck tire I have ever had. I had some Michelin LTX's on my old Explorer and they were very good also.;)

Thank you for the compliments DJ. The rims are the original 16-inch premium rims. I have very slight rubbing on the right front swaybar. I never hear or feel it rub, but there is a clean spot on the swaybar that shows the tire sometimes touches on tight left-hand turns (I parallel park at work, so that is probably when it happens).

Black vehicles look really sharp when they are clean, but they are hard to keep looking good...especially when you off-road like I do sometimes. :D

I have two sets of tires that I find are both very effective. For the winter I use the Bridgstone Deuler and in the summer I have Nokian WR's. Because Ilive in the far north ( parrallel to Skageway, Alaska ) two sets are needed to meet the local driving conditions. Both sets of tires are quite and provide effective traction. The Nokian's are siped and rated as all season tires. They handle heavy rain with out any loss of traction.

LOL

Tire suggestions? Round ones. Really, any tire except the Goodyear's would be an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have the Dueler Revo A/T in the 265 size and can't rave about them like everyone else. I spend most of my week driving off road and have found these tires to be terrible in mud and on wet grass. My 4x4 use has doubled since switching to the Revos. Now snow, AWESOME! Went through 15" last winter and never touched 4x4. Overall the tires have held up well and are decent on the street. Just my 2 cents.

Jason, I thought those firestone tires were the ones giving all of those explorers a hard time??

That was Firestone Wilderness A/T's. They're the ones that I was telling you about that my mom drove til my dad practically made her go back and have "safer" ones put on. That's why my tires have relatively good mileage on them.

On a side note, I don't think it was as much the tires fault as the media made it out to be. People doing 90 while drunk or high swerving around, then having a blowout, cannot be blamed entirely on the tire. Sure there may have been some design flaws, but what doesn't have a few flaws? People didn't want to hear that they may not have been driving safely, and had some influence on the rollover. Knowing how to drive well, how to handle a blowout, and knowing not to overcorrect is a big part of it. I guess not going 95mph in an SUV/SUT/Truck would help too.

Firstrac,

You might want to check the tire pressure. I don't drive in mud every day, but I have spent a little time on muddy trails. Now if you drive through muddy bogs, a tire designed specifically for mud would do much better, but then might not do as well on the other surfaces that the Duelers handle so well.

[Broken External Image]:

Goodyear Fostoria or Wrangler Silent Armors. Their fairly new but seriously Kevlar Reinforced. The Wranglers are made strictly to compete w/ the BFG AT TA. They have a 30 money back guarentee, no ? asked.

Latest posts