tire wear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie frenzel

Reaction score
I just noticd today that the inside tread on my front tires is wearing quicker then the rest of the tire. is my camber off? The truck drives pretty straight. What do I need to look for? I am broke right now, and cant afford a alignment.

Do a search unser this...:

Moog K7275 The Problem Solver

i put something on the board. it may have caused the problem/wear. but there is nothing no one can do on the site if you need an alignmant..

rob

It should be brought to an alignment shop to be checked...

You also could have bad shocks..

Todd Z

I have only had the truck 3 months and I have the recipt for the tires. They were put on less hen 200 miles before I bought the truck. The tires now have 3600 miles on them. I am thinking The guy I bought it from got new tires to sell it and not fix the alingment. How do I check the shocks?

jamie,

Hal is a Ford mechanic/tech an appears to know a lot about front end alignments on Sport Tracs. You need to have your camber checked on an alignment machine. Gen-1 Sport Tracs (2001-2005) had torsion bar front suspensions. Any lowering of the ride height woudl increase the negative camber and cause wear on the inside edge of the front tires. By lowering, I mean that the torsion bar adjustment could have been changed to lower the vehicle, or the torsion bar could have gotten weaker and is sagging.

For some odd reason, Ford did not make the Sport Trac with an adjustable camber, so you actually have to buy special camber adjutment ecentric bolts to make any camber adjustments. They cost about $70-$100 for a set, depending upon where you buy them and who installs them. That is in addition to the cost of the alignment.

...Rich

Latest posts