Tires (Anyone Have These)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Upton

Reaction score
Looking at 4 new tires for next spring, looking at Nexan Roadian HP 255-50-20. I have all winter to search out, getting ready to swap out for my winter rims and snow tires. Anyone Have any experience with these. Found them at tirebuyer.com. Thanks, Jim

I have the Nexen Roadian XP 265/50R/20's since April 2012 and they're doing fine. I live in Florida, so no winter use for me. I bought mine at Wal-Mart for $134 each and had them delivered to a local store. They didn't have the equipment to mount them, so I took them to a local shop.

They are directional tires, so you can't really rotate them like conventional tires.

check out the Nitto NT420s. Im running them in 265/50-20 on my adrenalin and love them for a summer set. I have a winter wheel/tire combo too, its nice keeping the 20's clean over the winter isn't it? The 420's have a nice aggressive tread pattern and are not directional, can be rotated as normal tires which is really nice. That and the price/value on them is great I think! Would highly recommend them.

Also keep checking back on DiscountTire, sometimes they will put up $75-$150 rebate cards. I got my set for less than $100/tire shipped after rebates...

Last edited by a moderator:
going from a 255/50 to a 265/50 is a pretty small change, but I wanted a little wider tire, and also a little more sidewall. It fills the wheel wells a little better, and also the slightly wider tires protect the wheels better from any accidental curb contact. But the main reason is the 420's aren't made in the oem size.

Jupton 3

If you'll go to www.DiscountMotorsports.com & click on Hero Cards everytime that I've done so they have included @ least one rebate/discount card w/the hero cards. Just an idea!