Tires- Let's see 'em

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piro - I did the torsion twist/shackle lift to get some more clearance for the tires. The right rear still rubbed a little on the inside liner when making fast left-hand turns. Five minutes with a dremel fixed the rubbing.

For those with the BFG T/A KO's, how are they on the road? I've always loved the look of them, but are they loud at highway speeds? Do they wear quickly? (Some T/A tires do because of softer rubber.)

I love the way the KO's drive on the road. They are quiet, smooth and grippy. They have a 40k mile warranty so I hope to get that much out of them. I plan to rotate often.

On another tire note. Have you guys ever debated about tire pressures when considering P series tires and LT tires? OE tires are P tires and my new BFG's are LT. From what I could dig up on the subject, LT tires require more air pressure to carry the same load. I read that you should add 5-20psi for LT's. I added 10psi for now and it rides fine. 40psi front, 45psi rear. Any comments? :huh:

Here's my 285/60R17 tires mounted on 17x9 rims. The tires are Kumho Ecsta STX, but they're noisy at highway speed, so I'm installing a set of Hankook Ventus STs on instead in the same tire size. The pics are just to give an idea of the wheel/tire combo size on the truck.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: