Tires- Let's see 'em

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
Ok, the time has come for new tires and I need help deciding. Please post pics you have of what's on your Trac, particularly if you've got a black ST with the grey cladding like my '01 4X4.

I'm thinking of upsizing to 265/70/16's, basically just for the appearance. I'm looking for something that's good on the road (where I do 99% of my driving), but doesn't look like a car tire stuck on a truck. Any recommendations would be helpful as well.

BG Goodrich All terrain T/A's!

I will never put a different tire on any truck I own. They are great and amazing on every surface. (well except PURE ice, but only studded tires are really good on that)

[Broken External Image]:

Perfect timing! I just got a new set for my 04. Stock size- 255/70/16 BFG All Terrains. I'm with Big D, I'm a huge BFG fan and run them on all my cars. They are getting more pricey, but Discount Tire in AZ will match any other's price. I got them for about $150 each. :D

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I stuck with the stock size because I didn't want to change the suspension yet. I go offroad quite a bit and the stock tires rub the inside of the wheel well in the rear at full flex.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultra Type 181 Rim Style wrapped with 33" x 12.5" Good Year MT/R s.

[Broken External Image]:

Not so much of a road tire like you were requesting (sorry), but I do have a black truck with grey cladding, so I thought I would post for you.

Thanks for the pics everyone, keep 'em coming.

For those with the BFG T/A KO's, how are they on the road? I've always loved the look of them, but are they loud at highway speeds? Do they wear quickly? (Some T/A tires do because of softer rubber.)

Todd C., do your 265/75/16 Revos rub at all? They look great, but I've read here before that 265/70/16 is as big as I can go with stock suspension without any rubbing.

For those with the BFG T/A KO's, how are they on the road? I've always loved the look of them, but are they loud at highway speeds? Do they wear quickly? (Some T/A tires do because of softer rubber.)

To answer your questions with my personal experience. I love my BFG's. Not loud at all on the road (A LOT less than I anticipated). Mine are wearing extremely well. I have 30K miles on them and they still look like I got them not too long ago. I expect another at least another 45 to 50 out of them.

I have Goodyear GTII tires for the summer and Bridgestone Dueler A/T for the winter. Both very good for what they're suppose to do. The Goodyears have great on road maneuverability and wet road traction. The Bridgestones are capable both on and off road and in all types of weather. Both sets are wearing well too.

Goodyear Fortera Silent Armors, 255/70R16. I wish I had pics of them with dressing, they look much better:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: