Tires rotated, small issue...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh mcleod

Reaction score
Ok so I rotated my tires (285/75/16 bfg at). I cleaned the mounting surfaces with a wire brush, torqued lugs but I get a pretty significant pull to the left. I wonder if I have a bad tire?

I should also note that I have a torsion twist. I never did do an alignment after the TT but the tires have worn great and the truck drove straight until the rotation.

My bet it is a tire. Swap the the2 front tires. If it stops or pulls the other way. You know it is that tire.

Get the alignment ASAP. It's cheaper then a new set of tires and worn out frontend parts, jmo. Get depth measurements on both front tires and I bet they are more worn on the inside then the outside. I've been through this before. :haveabeer:

I'm with Jerry too. I get an alignment once a year and more often than not a minor adjustment is needed. With unidirectional tires and alloy rims, most places aren't going to do a cross pattern tire rotation because it's a lot of work.

I'm with Jerry too. I get an alignment once a year and more often than not a minor adjustment is needed. With unidirectional tires and alloy rims, most places aren't going to do a cross pattern tire rotation because it's a lot of work.

I was planning on getting new tires before winter anyways. I'll make sure I get an alignment when I get the new rubber. I live in Winnipeg (winterpeg), Canada. Allseason/summer tires are useless here which is why I need good tires! Driving through snow and ice six months a year can be hazardous with sh*tty tires.

Was thinking of getting General Grabbers (red lettering) tires or maybe the Goodyear Duratracs. I would imagine the Duratracs might be better for winter but the Grabbers just look so darn sexy!!!

And again, thanks for all the help!

Stay away from the Red letters, get the Grabber AT2's or the Duratrac's. These are the two best tires on the market for any type of driving, especially in winter. The Red letter's are for desert racing and or southern asphalt road driving.

FWIW I've had great results with Michelin X-Ice snow and ice tires (they have the mountain and snowflake logo) on other cars, and just noticed that they're now available for my ST (235R18). I can't really justify them here in southern Wisconsin because the 4x4 does well enough. But up where you might not see freezing for a few months, full-on snow/ice tires can be a real life saver.

Tires with the mountain and snowflake logo

[Broken External Image]:

are the best for serious winter conditions. They have special compounds with siping, and even grit in the rubber. Tires with "M + S" on the sidewalls may or may not do well in snow and extreme cold. If I lived in Winnipeg, I'd keep a set of serious snow tires and a set of tires for the other seasons.

Latest posts