Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I am looking for new tires for my 09 st I am looking for something that will be good for everyday driving on the highway but also looks good and has a nice tread pattern not to aggressive but looks like an offroad tire my truck is still stock so tires are 235 65 18 any help world be great pictures also would help.

Thanks

I recently purchased some Hankook Dynapro ATM's.

I absolutely love these tires. They have an outstanding

rating and review. The tread looks aggressive, nothing like

a rock crawler but then again nothing like a plain simple tire. Just

perfectly in between. I have the black wall out and the tires

just look so much better. They definitely stand out!

I got a great deal on them from Discounttire.com

I recently purchased some Hankook Dynapro ATM's.

I absolutely love these tires. They have an outstanding

rating and review. The tread looks aggressive, nothing like

a rock crawler but then again nothing like a plain simple tire. Just

perfectly in between. I have the black wall out and the tires

just look so much better. They definitely stand out!

I got a great deal on them from Discounttire.com

I put Firestone Destination A/T's on my '08, they're quiet but work well in the snow, which was my complaint with the OE tires. I have 17's, don't know if they make them in the 18, but they probably do.

I work for Bridgestone and I have the Alenza's on my truck. But he wants something that is good highway but looks little aggresive. The Revo 2's would be the perfect match. Destination At's are great but are a little more aggresive looking than revo's..

I just put the cooper discover HT/plus 265/60-18 on my '04.

I really like them. Just dont let pep boys do it. They damaged my rims...

[Broken External Image]:

Best bang for the buck is the Michelin LTX M/S2. Get the Sam's Club version for 30% off like I did.

[Broken External Image]:

I bought a set of Sport King AT, 265/75R16. They're a more aggressive style, I think, even than most other ATs. They're made by a company called Cavalier. I had never heard of them before, but they're a Michelin brand. That eased all concerns I had about buying something I didn't know. $600 installed was attractive, too.

They are basically the same as the BF Goodrich (also a Michelin brand I learned). They were about $50/tire cheaper and my tire guy guaranteed I would like them or he would swap them out for another tire. I didn't absolutely need to save that much money at the time, but why not? He's someone I really trust and he wasn't going to charge me anything if I changed my mind. He was absolutely right.

They're great off road, but I don't gather that is what you're looking for. I'd also say they are good on the road, too. Indescribably better than the stock Goodyears. I've never hydroplaned, they're quiet for an AT, seem to be wearing evenly (only 5k mi. so far), and look aggressive. I don't know for sure, but I'd assume Cavalier makes other tires that may suit your needs better if ATs don't interest you.

Just my $0.02. Just sharing my experience. All the others seem like good choices, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie...I really like the look of those Coopers but didn't see a size to fit my '07 ST so I'm really considering a set of Firestone Destination A/T's especially with Johnny O's recomendation. I plan on installing in October sometime. My OEM tires are getting thin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a set of the Michelin Latitude Touring TR tires in 275/55/18. Came with a $70 rebate and the rebate showed up in less than a month.

Some of the smoothest tires I have ever purchased. Quite a better ride compared to the Toyo Proxes ST set that I got 55K miles out of.

[Broken External Image]: