tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have 50,000km on my truck and had the tires replaced by michelin 6000km ago because they were feathering on the edges. I have new put 6000km on the new set and have noticed the front tires are doing the same thing but the rears are fine, if you run your hand over the tread you can feel the outside lugs are higher on one side then lower on the other. I am going to go back were i got the tires and show them what has happened i was just wondering if any one else has had this problem or has any idea what could cause this I also had a front end aliment done before putting on the new tires i was told that was the problem but everything came back ok. Not sure what to do next the tires are michelin cross terrain same as the factory ones they are the only tires that michelin specs for my truck I would have put one michelin LTX but they said no.....

Any ideas......

Baker

have an alignment done

the semi trucks i work on do that sometimes cuz their kingpins are bad and they need alignments

get them aligned and balanced

Reaper is exactly right. Alignment is your problem. Have them check the ball joints and front end components as well. I had an 02 with 89K on it and had the same problem. It was the alignment. If you don't do this any tire you put on the front end will end up the same way.